The Art Farm

Recently I've been away from the computer and living in the woods in Ohio, working on a botantical sanctuary. I've had the opportunity to do art at a neighboor's art studio. Wendy Minor Viny and Joe Viny renovated an old barn and turned part of it into a huge art studio filled with mixed media supplies, found objects, workstations, so many art pieces that i felt that I was in creation heaven. She gave the other interested interns and I some use of her studio, allowing us to use materials. Some things I've never been able to utilize or learn how to use, different kinds of wax and apoxy (environmentally friendly? eh...I don't know...) to create layers--and then stencils, inks, different kinds of paints, papers, plastic wrap, metal, tools, old books and magazines. She drills things and paints them or uses cigar boxes to showcase metal plants or birds--the different things she has experimented with are endless. She also does art with her son, co-creating beautiful works of art.

I come out of the woods to do art at her studio and then go back in to talk with the plants.

Comments

  1. Thanks gal! It's been lovely having you around! All the best to you and your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment