Cardboard Cell Structure

These are low quality Iphone photos of a painting I did my senior year in college on cardboard. I am not sure if it is oil or acrylic, now that I'm thinking about it. When I went home this weekend, I discovered it and took a few pictures. I always liked the colors and flow in this painting. it is pretty small, a 1 foot by 1 foot square. This sat on my kitchen table for weeks with my paint spread out and i worked on it whenever i sat there.

I like painting on things like cardboard. Besides the texture, it seems more affordable and less 'bourgeois' to not always insist on traditional artists materials. I like recycling. I like reusing things that would be trash, or things that would not usually be used in certain ways. Revalue. Important Tools for rethinking the future.

Why paint on expensive canvas when there's cardboard everywhere? Nothing is going to last forever--why not use something cheaper and in abundance. I do still use some canvas of course, but I'm a fan of corkboard, cardboard, wood, tree bark, too.



Comments