Eartheart Mountain Black and Whites

Here are some black and white photos of a special place I spent some time this summer, in Kentucky. Recently, I have been more inspired to use black and whites for the drama it gives shadows and value. I just like the feeling I get, whether melancholy, holy, surreal, connected, illuminated. Sometimes, to me, black and whites give a lens and perspective I would not have seen before. It glances at the place in a way of old tones, capturing the gradients the colors produce. We all see differently, so does the camera, sometimes it captures things in a romance unlike real life, and sometimes it doesn't do it justice.



Great Ragweed (Ambrosia Trifida) shadows on a barn/commonhouse

Sunbeams barely illuminate Pilot Mountain in the distance

Friend, with Ambrosia Artemisifolia and Ambrosia Trifida fall into former road and path at Eartheart, leading to commonhouse/barn and onwards to the fields below, where the two plants also dominate

Porch roof of commonhouse 

Two peas in a pod: Shadow and Marley. 

At Krishna Bliss swimming spot, holy river 

Queen Anne's Lace gone, ragweed done with its pollen..

Comments