change purse/shaman's trinket bag 1

This hand-sized creation started with an old shoulder pad I saved from a thrifted shirt. I loved the color, and decided to see what it would be like to sew on it. The cushion made sewing on to it unique and fun to work with. I wish i had more shoulder pads! I did a lot of detailed beading and then sewed some great ribbon on the front that wraps around to the back to keep the flap enclosed. Not traditional, but that's okay. This also utilizes some silks and vintage fabric pieces as well as recycled and thrifted fabrics. The back, inside and some of the circles are wool. The green string tied to the back is hand dyed and spun wool from http://www.handpaintedyarn.com The inside of the pocket is enclosed with velcro to keep any change or magick trinkets from falling out.
The sewing on this is not as neat as a solely machine made item would be. I did a lot of needlework without my sewing machine to make sure the piece was structurally sound. I often don't pick my threads at all, they pick me. I end up with tans, blues and brands completely by chance. I kind of like that way of randomly picking color..




Comments