Untitled on Corkboard/Mixed Media (buttons+wax)





A few of these photos are low quality close up shots of the larger 24x36 painting done on a found corkboard at the farm house I lived in during part of my time in New Hampshire. To the right is a larger shot taken at a different time with a better camera, although i feel the light isn't exactly right.



















Corkboard is by far my favorite medium to paint on. The texture is soft and spongy and absorbs colors in a way I enjoy. I started this the Summer of 2009 and worked on it until that winter. There were a few pieces of art i did at that time, but this one occupied most of my creative attention. I want to make prints of this painting but doing them at actual size would be too costly. I may print some smaller versions of the original, or print captured microcosms.

Comments