Grapevine and twig dreamcatcher





















This is one of the only visionary dreamcatchers I've made. It was created the winter of 2007 as a gift. I collected twigs, limbs and sticks out of a park in Newport News, Va and worked for a few days on twisting and arranging them with the help of hemp and thread. I used thread given to me from a friend; Mick Zang, from one of his dumpster diving treasure finds. Many of the colored threads tied to the outside were also from this dumpster diving lot. I love their colors. The beads were from my collection over time for as long as I've been beading. I can't remember how long that's been now..since 10, 11 or 12 years old?










I put a lot of love and thought into this and was really happy weith the outcome. I like that it spirals out into the world. This will not be for sale, but I would be happy to make gifts of these for others..



Comments

  1. I have a lot of old beads, too, in a box in my room...I think it is in my closet (I don't know if maybe you took it already? But you could get it next time you're home). Remember that bead store we went to at the beach that time that had all of those cool clay beads? And that big tub of beads that you could put as many as you could fit into a little baggy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey katie. i don't think i have your beads from your room. I tihnk you gave me some of your old yarn though. you should keep your beads and make something out of them! yeah i loved that beach bead store..some of these are undoubtedly from there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment