Details from first sewn bag

This is a detailed shot from the first bag I constructed in late November or December. I was shown simple sewing techniques by a friend in New Hampshire and used those to problem solve creative designs using my collection of fabric.

This view is of a corner of a bag where i fastened scraps of colors together with the sleeve of an old blouse. The strap is an old unfinished knitting project found out of one of my bags containing lots of unfinished knitting projects over the last 10 years.
Somehow, I must admit, this was inspired by my friend and roomate last winter: Blair. She had lots of scrap fabric that were great to be around in our space and loves the color yellow. The inside is one shade of yellow and the back side is a yellow leaf pattern of a different shade. The pocket on the inside is also a version of yellow.
Some of the fabrics are vintage, obtained from a friend of a friend in an allotment, up north. The others are recycled, freecycled, or thrifted. I will post pictures of the whole body soon. The bag won't be for sale; i've already broken this one in with use.

Comments